- Currently Approved Curriculum
- Courses Offered on the Computer
- Private Companies that have Online Classes
- Additional Resources
- ADD Options
- Abeka- http://www.abeka.com/homeschool
- Accelerated Christian Education (ACE)- https://www.aceministries.com
- All American History
- Analytical Grammar- http://www.analyticalgrammar.com
- Apologia (Science)- http://www.apologiaonlineacademy.com
- Alpha Omega LifePac- Monarch www.aop.com/lifepac_overview
- Bob Jones- BJU www.bjupresshomeschool.com
- BookShark- www.bookshark.com
- Christian Light Publications www.clp.org
- Classical Academic Press- https://classicalacademicpress.com
- Classical Conversations
- CTC math- https://www.ctcmath.com
- Drive Thru History- https://www.drivethruhistory.com
- Easy Grammar – www.easygrammar.com
- Essentials in Writing- http://essentialsinwriting.com
- Explode the Code- http://www.explodethecode.com
- Foundations (Logic of English) - https://www.logicofenglish.com/foundations
- Guerber History Series- http://www.nothingnewpress.com/books/guerbers-histories/
- Horizons- https://www.aop.com/horizons_overview
- IEW- http://www.iew.com
- Life of Fred- http://www.lifeoffred.uniquemath.com
- Math U See- http://www.mathusee.com
- Memoria Press- https://www.memoriapress.com
- My Father’s World
- Monarch- https://www.aop.com/monarch_overview
- Singapore Math/Primary Mathematics- http://www.singaporemath.com
- Sonlight- http://www.sonlight.com
- Switched on Schoolhouse- https://www.aop.com/switched-on-schoolhouse_overview
- Teaching Textbooks- http://teachingtextbooks.com
- Teaching the Classics
- The Classical Historian- http://www.classicalhistorian.com
- The Rosetta Stone Foreign Languages- http://www.rosettastone.com
- The Story of the World
- The Well Trained Mind- https://welltrainedmind.com
- TruthQuest History- http://www.truthquesthistory.com
- Veritas Press- https://www.veritaspress.com
- Winston Grammar- http://www.winstongrammar.com
- Wordsmith series
- WriteShop: An Incremental Writing Program- http://writeshop.com/product/writeshop-i-student-workbook/
- Abeka Independent Study (all subjects) Christian
- Pre-recorded lessons that can be streamed or provided by disc. Comes with textbooks and all quizzes, tests, and teacher guides.
- The Keystone School (all subjects)
- Courses include foreign language, upper level math, science and others
- Monarch (Alpha Omega) Christian
- All online courses. Automatic Grading. Computer keeps track of grades/ daily lesson plans. All quizzes/tests done online
- Switched on Schoolhouse (Alpha Omega) Christian
- Curriculum on CD-ROM. Automated grading. All subjects available.
- http://www.aop.com/switched -on-schoolhouse_overview
- Teaching Textbooks (Math Only) Christian
- Landry Academy
- Offers Christ-Centered online courses for 4-12th grades.
- The Masters University
- Offers online and dual enrollment courses for 10th-12th grades.
- Offers on campus dual enrollment courses for 11th-12th grades.
- The Potters School
Co-op classes (once a week classroom setting for grades 7-12)
The first semester of this course will be all about the Christian worldview and comparing it to the other dominant worldview of our age. As we discuss a wide range of subjects, we will be asking ourselves what the Bible has to say about these topics, and how we as Christians can express our faith in the marketplace of ideas. We want our students to be able to discuss these ideas in class, and with their friends/family outside of the the classroom as well. Interacting with others will sharpen these ideas within our students and help them be more equipped to bear God's truth about reality in our post-Christian world. We will be utilizing David Noebel and Jeff Myers' Understanding the Times as our main text.
The second semester will be focused on studying the book of Exodus We will discuss hermeneutics, Christology, and gospel-centered applications. We will also read devotionally form The Imperfect Disciple by Jared Wilson , and This Changes Everything by Jaquelle Crowe. The second semester will focus on a deep understanding of the godspel from the Old Testament and will feature spiritual formation exercises as well.
Each semester will include at least one field trip to help our students learn outside of the classroom as well.
World History 9-12
During the school year we will be exploring world history beginning with the Biblical creation account through modern times and current events. We will learn how one event prompted another and create a deep understanding of the timeline of human history from a Christian viewpoint.